There have been quite a few news reports and blog posts since Archbishop Vigneron made statements earlier in the week about the reception of Communion by supporters of “Gay-marriage.” I wanted to create a list for some that are hoping to get caught up on the matter.
Catholic Blog Posts:
- Original post by the Detroit Free Press: Detroit-area Catholic leaders urge gay marriage supporters to skip Communion
- Father Z’s take on the matter: Archbp. Vigneron: Catholics who push same-sex marriage should not receive Communion
- Dr. Ed Peters: A couple notes on today’s DFP article on holy Communion and gay activists, esp in re Fr. Reese
- Diane’s (Te deum laudamus) first roundup: Discussion of Worthy Reception of Holy Communion in Detroit
- Ignitum Today Post about the issue: An Examination of Conscience: Archbishop Vigneron, Communion, and Canon 916
- Father Z with clarifications: CNN insinuates that Archbp. Vigneron “dialed back” his words about promoters of same-sex marriage and Holy Communion
- Creative Minority Report: Abp. Vigneron: Gay Marriage Supporters Shoud Refrain From Communion
- Catholic Vote: DETROIT ARCHBISHOP TRIES TO SAVE SOULS; MAINSTREAM MEDIA NOT HAPPY.
That should do it… most of the “news” that you can read about it is contained as links within those posts.
For the most part the issue is being well handled, and if nothing else Catholics are faithfully defending the Church in the public square… but the battle wages on.